11 September 2022
Avsallar is one of the most picturesque areas of Alanya. Located on the Mediterranean coast, the resort annually attracts a large number of vacationers and property buyers from abroad with its excellent environment, European standard of living and the optimal cost of comfortable apartments.
We bring to your attention an overview of the Avsallar area, where we will tell you about the advantages of the resort, its beaches, attractions, infrastructure and features of residential development.
Green oasis of Alanya - Avsallar region
Avsallar is a seaside resort area of Alanya in the province of Antalya. Geographically located in the northern part of the city and is considered one of the greenest places on the coast with beautiful sand and pebble beaches.
Earlier, the economy of Avsallar was completely dependent on tourism and fruit growing. In modern realities, against the background of the active growth of the interest of foreign buyers, more and more attention is paid to the development of the construction industry and real estate sales. Therefore, new modern residential complexes with their own internal infrastructure are constantly being built on the territory of the district.
The distance from Avsallar to the center of Alanya is only 24 kilometers, to Antalya - 110 kilometers. Nearby is another well-known Turkish resort, Side, famous for its budget prices for recreation and accommodation.
Avsallar region on the map of Turkey:
Sights of Avsallar: places to go
In each of the districts of Alanya there are historical, cultural and natural landmarks. Many of them are known far beyond the borders of Turkey and attract the attention of foreign tourists.
The sights of Avsallar are represented by:
- Alarakhan caravansaries. Starting from the 13th century, the building was used by travelers and merchants on the Great Silk Road for protection and lodging for the night. After restoration, a large shopping center and a Turkish restaurant were opened in the caravansaries. The architectural structure offers breathtaking views of the sea, mountains and surroundings of Alanya. On a regular basis, evenings of Turkish culture are held here, which will be of interest to all guests of the city.
- Muslim mosque. The religious building is located in the center of Avsallar. The entrance to the mosque is open not only for local residents, but also for tourists. However, one should remember to respect Muslim traditions, behave appropriately and visit the eastern temple in modest clothing.
- City square and a clock with fountains, which displays the time of the three states.
In addition to the sights located directly on the territory of the area, you can go to the center of Alanya and see the world-famous Alanya Fortress and the Red Tower. These are real symbols of the city, built in the XIII century, a visit to which will give a lot of positive emotions. Other places of worship and buildings of the resort region are also available to the residents of Avsallar.
Rest in Avsallar
For those who are interested in where to go in Avsallar, we will tell you more about the entertainment facilities, shopping and restaurants of the resort.
Entertainment and active recreation in Avsallar is:
- Rafting. Fans of outdoor activities are offered rafting on the mountain rivers Alara and Manavgat. It is best to raft from March to May, since it is during this period that the level and speed of water movement reach their maximum. Tourists can choose several levels of difficulty (including rafting for children).
- Diving. There are several deep water areas in the water area of the region. Instructors conduct individual lessons for beginner divers and experienced divers.
- Beach activities. These include beach volleyball, jet skis and skiing, parasailing, etc.
- Walks on a yacht. Excursion programs are designed both for several hours and for the whole day with animators, lunch, stops at secluded bays and an evening disco program.
- Jeep safari and quad bike rides. In addition to extreme driving, tourists visit orange orchards and banana plantations, coniferous groves and other interesting places.
- Sealanya Sea park and the delphinium located on its territory. A huge number of attractions for visitors of all ages, dolphin and fur seal shows, diving in an aquarium with sharks, pools and beaches - this and much more is at the service of tourists and local residents.
- Waterland Waterpark. A large selection of water slides and attractions, cafés and bars guarantee visitors a comfortable stay and entertainment.
- Palm alley on the coast. The Avsallar embankment is a great place for evening walks along the sea and admiring the bewitching panoramas.
Visual discos and restaurants of Avsallar will please foreign tourists for every taste and budget. Local restaurateurs offer visitors European, Mediterranean, Turkish cuisine, delicious pizza, steaks, menus for vegetarians and vegans. Nightclubs in Avsallar are truly international establishments that attract young people from all over the world. As for shopping, there are shops and boutiques of world-famous brands in the area. Therefore, you can always treat yourself to pleasant and high-quality shopping at relatively affordable prices.
Beaches in Avsallar
The area is often recommended by tour operators for a comfortable stay with children, as it is here that the beautiful sandy beaches are fully equipped, with a gentle entry into the water.
The best beach of Avsallar is Incekum. Every year, many beaches receive the international Blue Flag award due to their developed infrastructure, cleanliness, safety and accessibility. As a rule, this is a coastline owned by hotels, access to which is open to everyone.
The sand is partly bulk, so by the end of the swimming season, pebbles appear in places. The width of the coast is small, you should be careful when the sea is rough, as the waves can overwhelm the entire beach.
Infrastructure of Avsallar
As in most other areas of Alanya, the central quarters of Avsallar are the most active. There are numerous shops, food and souvenir shops, boutiques, restaurants and cafés.
The most popular Avsallar stores are Migros hypermarket, Bim, Carrefour, A101 supermarkets. The market takes place on Wednesdays at the mosque. Farmers come from the suburbs and trade throughout the day. At the oriental bazaar, you can buy cheap, organic vegetables and fruits, olive oil, spices, textiles and much more.
In Avsallar there are branches and ATMs of various banks in Turkey, there are currency exchange offices.
Several kindergartens and schools are open for children in Avsallar. In addition, the district has a public hospital, private clinics, dental offices and pharmacy kiosks.
Read about the features of moving to Turkey with children in our article: "What you need to know when moving to Turkey with children?"
Peculiarities of residential development
The entire first coastline of the district is occupied by hotel complexes. The houses are located a little further from the sea - at a distance of 250 meters or more. Despite some remoteness from the beach, residential areas delight the eye with a large and well-groomed adjacent territory, developed public facilities, and increased comfort conditions.
A large selection of housing is available for investors from abroad, namely:
- The main segment of Avsallar real estate is apartments, penthouses, duplexes in modern residential complexes with their own diverse infrastructure. The apartments are popular among buyers both for living and for renting or resale. The main advantage of apartments from the developer is the optimal ratio of price and quality.
- Villas in Avsallar are a great option for those looking for a detached property with a pool and a garden at an affordable price.
Real estate in this resort area of Alanya is bought by residents of the EU and former CIS countries. Avsallar is especially popular among European pensioners.
Avsallar is an ideal place to buy real estate for a profitable investment or move for permanent residence with the whole family. If you have any questions about choosing and buying a new home in this picturesque resort of Alanya, please contact the specialists of Nordic Property Construction.
All information provided is for informational purposes only and does not serve commercial purposes.
Nordic Property Construction is a construction company specializing in the construction of highly functional housing on the Mediterranean coast. Cooperating with us, you get a full range of services: from the selection of real estate and meeting at the airport to the transaction and property management.